Everything You Need To Know About Inbound Call Handling
In this article we will discuss everything you need to know about inbound call handling. We will discuss what it is, why you need it, the cost and much more. So, lets jump straight into it.
What is Inbound Call Handling?
Companies need to take calls, each working day and maybe 24/7. However, some companies might not always have the ability to take calls all day, every day. This is when inbound call handling can help. Agencies, such as BHT, have access to systems that can divert your phone calls to them whenever you want so that they can take the calls on your behalf.
For example: You can take calls on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday afternoons but the rest of the week your team is on the road. The agency will take the calls on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday mornings. The agency can deal with issues and problems, take bookings and of course, take messages. All of this information is then passed onto you by email.
Why do you need Inbound Call Handling?
You might already understand why you need inbound call handling, but I want to show you that it can be helpful in other ways:
- Switchboard and Reception service – directing calls or taking messages.
- Overflow and Out of hours – when you’re just too busy or simply not there.
- Customer service – complete customer service solutions such as tracking packages or handling complaints.
- Diary management and appointment booking – very useful for dentists, opticians and garages.
- Help desk – providing help to your customers.
- E-commerce orders – letting your e-commerce customers talk to a real person can really help strengthen your brand.
- Direct response marketing – incoming calls from advertising.
- Enquiry Handling – enquiries from existing and new customers.
As you can see, there are lots of different ways you can use this service and I am sure you are thinking of many more.
Is it Expensive?
Now that you are interested, you are probably thinking, “OK, but this is going to be super expensive. How could my small business afford this type of service?”
The good news is that most agencies offer inbound call handling in packages or with a pay as you go system. This means that it is extremely affordable for all businesses big and small.
Can Inbound Call Handling Cover the weekends?
In short, yes. Inbound call handling can cover whatever hours and days you need. It is a 24/7 service. Agencies either use call centres with 24/7 staff to cover calls or have set days and hours for staffing and use web-based recorded messaging and answering systems. Messages can then be emailed to you.
An example of a recorded greeting is:
“Hello this is Jo Bloggs Company. There is no-one to take your call at present, so please leave your name, number and a brief message after the tone and we will get back to you in the morning of the next working day.”
The best agencies will use a voice artist to record your greeting and give your business that extra level of professionalism. You may also find this article interesting What is UK Call Handling And When Should I Use It?
What can’t Inbound Call Handling do?
You’ve heard all these things and you’re starting to wonder what it can’t do. So let’s give you some examples.
Inbound Call Handling can’t:
- Convince the caller to buy if they don’t want your product or service.
- Make calls.
- Take you on a date.
How can you start?
You can start using inbound call handling today and there are lots of agencies all offering different price packages.
Things to consider when picking the correct agency for you:
- Are they friendly, courteous and speak good English?
- Are they easy to understand?
- Can you ask them questions?
- Are they available to talk to when you need them?
- Do they have the correct equipment?
- How do they communicate with you about calls?
- What happens with out of hours calls?
- Can they support you 24/7?
- How much do they cost?
After you have found out all this information you can compare your options and pick the best agency for you.
In conclusion, inbound call handling is a way for your company to always be able to answer the phone. This helps to build your business and brand and increase sales, bookings and appointments. It is a cost effective 24/7 service that every business can afford and needs. It can be used in many different ways, such as a reception services, a help desk, appointment handling and customer services. You may also be interested in reading Why a small business should use a UK answering service.
Get Started Today
If all of this makes sense and you want to start using inbound call handling today you can Call BHT Marketing on 0808-172-1900 for a free consultation or click here to fill in our form and one of us will give you a call to discuss how we can help.