What is UK call handling and when should I use it?
In this article we will discuss what UK call handling is and why you should use it. We will cover all the information you need to make an educated decision as to whether or not your business needs call handling. So, lets jump into it.
What is UK call handling
Businesses need to take calls, every working day and sometimes even 24/7. However, some businesses might not always have the ability to take all of their calls. This is when call handling can help. An external agency will take the calls for you either directing customers to the correct person or helping with taking bookings, appointments or orders. Whatever your business needs a call handling agency can help.
When should you use UK call handling
Call handling can be used either on a regular bases or when needed. For example holidays and busy times.
For example: You can take calls on Tuesday, Thursdays and Friday mornings but the rest of the week your team is on the road. The agency will take the calls on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons. The agency can deal with problems, take orders and take messages. All the information is then passed onto you by email.
Regular based call handling can include things such as:
- Switchboard and Reception service – directing calls or taking messages if unavailable.
- Overflow and Out of hours – when you’re just too busy or not there.
- Customer service – complete customer service solutions such as tracking packages and taking complaints.
- Diary management and appointment booking – Very useful for dentists and garages.
- Help desk – providing help to your customers.
- E-commerce order service – letting your e-commerce customers talk to a real person can really help build your brand.
- Direct response marketing – incoming calls from advertising.
- Enquiry handling – enquiries from existing and new customers.
How you can get started with UK call handling
You can get started with call handling very quickly. There are lots call handling agencies to chose from and the key is matching the correct agency to your business. To help you make the best decision here are some things to think about when picking your call handling agency.
- Are they friendly, polite, courteous and speak good English?
- Can you ask them questions?
- Are they available to talk to when you need them?
- Do they have the correct equipment?
- How do they communicate with you about calls?
- Can they support you 24/7?
- How do they process out of hours calls?
- How much do they cost?
- Are they a Call centre or a boutique agency?
In conclusion, call handling can make sure that your phone calls are always answered professionally. This is achieved by using an agency specialising in call handling. You can either use call handling for specific tasks or just when you need it. To get started with call handling you need to find an agency that fits well with your business needs.
Get started today
If all of this makes sense and you want to start using UK call handling today you can Call BHT Marketing on 0808-172-1900 for a free consultation or click here to fill in our form and one of us will give you a call to discuss how we can help.