Continuing the series: Help for start-ups
Your Website & Online Presence
Now you’ve got a name and a logo you need to focus on getting a website.
Your Landing Page
You’ll need a “Landing” page and then supporting pages.
The landing page is where people will land when they initially go to your website.
It needs to be inviting and colourful, carrying your Name, your Logo and your telephone number.
On the Landing Page add a short paragraph about what you do.
Don’t go into a lot of detail because that’s for the supporting page entitled “What we do”.
Under the first paragraph add a “Like to know more?” button which sends the viewer to a self-completion form.
This will be automatically emailed directly to you so that you can see the interest and follow-up.
The Supporting Pages
In the next pages you should include:
- Meet the team – with photos and background write-ups
- Your services/products – one page for each
For expert advice book a meeting with our sister company, White Rabit.
It’s no good expecting people to beat a path to your door because you’ve done all this hard work and now have a website.
You have to promote your website online.
You do this in 3 ways:
- Social media messaging
- LinkedIn Navigator
- You know your service(s) inside out, but the rest of the world doesn’t. So, write a blog of no more than 500 words about what your services can do for companies.
- Write a blog each month about matters pertaining to your service.
- Short punchy messages every day in Facebook and LinkedIn will get your name out there
- Don’t forget social media is a two-way street. You must devote time each day to reading what others have written and follow them. This way you will gradually build up a following yourself.
- This is a technique that we use to find companies that could be interested in our clients’ services.
- You can find the right contacts in the right kind of companies and send them a brief message about what you do.
- If and when they respond you can send them an email about you and point them to your website.
- Then you can call and see if they want to proceed
By using these techniques, you will increase the number of people visiting your website.
You will also increase your following online.
Happy hunting and don’t forget that if we can be of help to you with any of these techniques just call us – 0808-172-1900