Should I use Telemarketing or Dig-e-Tel ©?
All marketing techniques have their strengths and their weaknesses.
Listing the pros and cons of telemarketing and Dig-e-Tel © will help you decide which is the best marketing vehicle for your campaign.
- The personal touch is important when having any conversation as it forms a bond.
- Relationships can be developed over time
- The possibility of a piece of business and it’s timing can be discovered.
- Following receipt of e-mail addresses more information can be sent and followed up in person.
- On average 5-15% of companies show an interest.
- All meetings are qualified with detail of when the business might start
- Telemarketing is a great tool to use with existing/lapsed/known contacts because it’s personal.
- Complies with TPS and GDPR
- Costs can start from as little as £385 per month including an e-mailed monthly progress report
- It is a scalable process so you can increase when you want more results.
- Databases are based on Standard Industry Classifications and some companies may be classified incorrectly.
- There are no “right” contacts listed so time is needed to find them.
- The call can be intercepted by the “gatekeeper.”
- 50% aren’t available the first time we ring so we must call again the following week.
- Contacts are often not happy to be interrupted in their working day.
- Many potentials need several calls before a business opportunity appears on the horizon.
- Telemarketing is time consuming, which equates to client money consuming.
Dig-e-Tel © Pros
- Reaches contacts where-ever they are even outside of office hours.
- Initial approach is a “no offence” enquiry.
- Between 14 and 25% of potential contacts link-up after the first approach.
- All contact complies with GDPR.
- The client’s market reach is rapidly expanded.
- E-mails can follow on from messages with permission so comply with the law
- Telephone conversations follow the emails and lead to qualified meetings
- Conversion to client is high because the preliminary selling/matching process has already been done
Dig-e-Tel © Cons
- It takes time to gather momentum so no quick sales can be expected
- There are more opportunities to be achieved regularly after the initial build up
- You need to spend more to achieve a higher level of conversion opportunities
- A typical spend would be £800 per month plus £40 for the progress report (Fees include the cost of LinkedIn)
- The client needs to subscribe to LinkedIn Premium – £58 per month plus VAT
- No “personal” contact/conversation until later in the process
BHT developed the technique and trialled it over a 3 month period.
We increased our marketing footprint by 242 companies
AND we have won a large contract directly as a result of employing Dig-e-Tel ©.
“To say we are happy, is an understatement” Colin Bonham-Horton
What to do next
Give us a call on 0808-172-1900 and we can talk you through telemarketing and Dig-e-Tel ©.