“Telemarketing gives you instant feedback, market intelligence and a steady and increasing flow of appointments.”
Telemarketing has a very important part to play in any marketing strategy where information as well as sales growth is the objective.
This article will outline why you need telemarketing. It will detail the major concerns about telemarketing and show you how to find the right telemarketing partner.
What are the needs that lead a company to use telemarketing?
All of the following can be achieved by telemarketing:
- Up-to-date market feedback to assist with product/service targeting
- The identity of the correct contact in the appropriate company
- Sales appointments booked in a relatively short period.
- A steady and controlled expansion of your sales pipeline – knowing who needs what, when.
- Market research
- Competitor intelligence gathering
- Customer surveys.
There is no other marketing technique that can give you all of these in one campaign.
The major concerns about telemarketing.
Telemarketing has great advantages for the client if it is performed in an ethical and properly managed fashion. However, it does have an unfortunate track record of high fees and low returns.
In the main this has been caused by unscrupulous telemarketing agencies who led companies to expect more than is possible. People have been promised ridiculous returns on investment only to be disappointed.
I often hear tales of high expectations, bogus appointments, false information being fed back and worst of all good telemarketing support for a trial period which leads to a long-term contract only for the client then to discover that the performance falls through the floor.
How do you solve this dilemma and find the right telemarketing agency for you?
You would expect me to describe BHT as the agency for you and I will not disappoint you for some very serious reasons. The first of which is that BHT was established, in 1997, by Christine and myself because we, too, had suffered at the hands of unscrupulous telemarketing companies.
We were, and still are, determined to provide a customer focussed, reputable telemarketing service which will support the client with a service which has honesty and integrity at its heart.
Systems to protect the client
Right from the start (1997) we put into place systems that would:
- Explain what can reasonably be expected from telemarketing immediately and over a period of time.
- Guarantee consistency of approach and return for each client.
- Collect information from every call.
- Collate statistics for each week of each campaign so that a client can see the totality of the exercise.
- Calculate a benchmark of telemarketing performance so that each client knows what weight of campaign is needed to achieve their goals
- Guarantee the benchmark performance each week with an absolute copper-bottomed guarantee. (if you want to know more about that I will be more than happy to explain it to you over the phone because it is so ethical and revolutionary I don’t want to simply broadcast it over the net)
Telemarketing Campaigns : What to Consider
My previous article http://www.bhtmarketing.com/site/2011/09/05/telemarketing-campaign/
will also help provide additional information for you..
Talk to the clients
However, the quickest way is to talk to our clients. And you can look at our feedback on the website http://www.bhtmarketing.com/site/about-us/feedback/
Introductory Trials – where BHT shares the cost
BHT recognises that there is a financial commitment and therefore a financial risk to starting a telemarketing campaign and will, therefore, offer a trial campaigns at half price effectively sharing the financial risk with the client.
We want your long-term business and so we are keen to demonstrate that our operations are sensible, effective and honest. By having such a low cost trial the client should be able to discover a plateau of performance which can be maintained in future campaigns.
If you want to find the right people to talk to, want appointments, market intellingence and want to develop a sales pipeline then you need telemarketing.
You need to be very careful how you choose the agency and I hope this article and my previous one will help you in that.
No other form of marketing is dynamic and can give you such information and rapid results.
If you would like to know more or to ask any questions please call me, Colin, on 0808-172-1900.
Colin Bonham-Horton, (although he doesn’t like to admit it), has been in Sales and Marketing since 1969 and is a co-founder of BHT Marketing Ltd whose aim is to provide the telemarketing and marketing service which he would want to buy.To arrange a meeting to discuss your needs and the various options BHT has to offer please click here and fill in the Contact information form or phone 0808-172-1900 and ask for Colin or Christine